Contactless Payment 101:
Take a look at the latest forms of contactless and mobile payment and how you can use it.
“Near field communication” is the tech that allows for payment exchange between objects and card readers, so you can pay with your smartphone, or by hovering your card over the reader- no swipe or chip insert required.
Stay Safe When Paying on the Go
Contactless is one of the safest ways to pay, since account information is encrypted and not actually transferred to the retailer. Still prioritize safety with these tips:
- Use only trusted payment platforms.
- Keep strong passwords and enable facial or fingerprint recognition where possible.
- Immediately lock a lost or stolen phone.
An easier way to pay your friends
Peer to Peer (P2P) Payment
Try these apps for splitting grocery runs utility costs, takeout or any other time when you need to pay back a friend or neighbor without exchanging cash face -to- face.
Here are some Payment apps:
- Cash App (Square Inc)
- Facebook Messenger (Facebook)
- Paypal (Paypal)
- Venmo (Service of Paypal)
- Zelle (Major banks: Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Chase and others)
There are limitations, but check out the flier to see each one.