Summer is here, and it’s time to get your home ready!
- Wash your home’s exterior: Depending on the siding you have, power-washing can potentially do harm. In most cases, a garden hose and a cleaning wand attachment is all you need. Remember to tarp your plants and shrubs.
- Clean your deck or patio: After cleaning a wooden deck, remember to treat the wood. Stain and seal it once everything is dry. Host patio furniture can be freshened up with an all purpose cleaner. On furniture cushions, you can use soap, water and a soft bristle brush.
- Tend the garden: Lay down match to protect your plants from a drought, boost their growth and give a finished look to your yard.
- Air out your home’s interior: Open all the windows and run the air conditioning on low to rid your home of any winter mustiness.
- Swap out wintery decor: Swap out your dark linens for a lighter look. Make the inside of your home look and feel like it’s ready for summer.
- Add a fresh coat of paint: Notice any chipping or pealing exterior paint? Consider a touch-up, if you hire a professional, you’ll want the work done in the spring so it’s ready by mid-summer.